Tzuying Tammy Wu, MD
- Board Certified in Plastic Surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Co-founded Surgical Artistry with her husband.
- Woodward Academy – boarding pre college years in Georgia. Formerly known as Georgia Military Academy
- Brown University Biochemistry Degree – Program in Liberal Medical Education
- Brown University Medical School – graduated #1 in her medical school class
- Southern Illinois University Integrated Residency in Plastic Surgery – under the guidance of Dr. Elvin Zook.
Plastic Surgery Publications
- Wu T-Y, Brown RE. “Antegrade venous drainage in a reverse radial forearm flap” Accepted, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Brown RE, Wu TT. “Use of ‘Spare Parts’ in Mutilated Upper Extremity Injuries”. Hand Clinics 19 (1):73, 2003.
- Russell RC, Bueno RA, Wu TT. “Secondary Procedures Following Mutilating Hand Injuries”. Hand Clinics 19(1):149, 2003.
Plastic Surgery Research
Creating an new external ear using techniques of tissue engineering and cultured cells in an animal model. The presentation of this research won first place at the Illinois American College of Surgeons Conference in Galena, IL.
- Multiple hospitals – please visit this list of hospitals where she has full privileges for plastic surgery procedures and for admitting patients.
Besides constantly thinking about how to improve upon plastic surgical procedures such as Tummy Tucks, she has other activities that helps her lead a balanced life.
- Practicing good health
- Gluten Free Baking
- Learning more about Buddhism
- Marathon Running – she helped to start the Annual Surgical Artistry Modesto Marathon
About the Genesis of Surgical Artistry and Life in Modesto
The page above is all serious, and now visit this page for a more fun look at our lives and our careers as surgeons in Modesto, CA.